Saturday, August 6, 2011

Manhwa Dig at BookOff


I came back from an incredibly tipsy turvy, rocky and bumpy experience at my Youth Camp. I kind of liked it--pretty nice comparatively to me during the other camps.

We came back from Julian to San Diego and had a going away meal with all you can eat Korean BBQ (up to 2 hours). After stuffing ourselves like no tomorrow, my loving mom was willing to listen to a silly daughter's request to go to BookOff one last time before moving up north!

Imagine my joy when I saw that they were having a sale on already cheap manga!! Instead of a Manga Haul (since the series I wanted were newer, and I didn't see anything else that caught my eye), I had more of a Manhwa Haul. I picked up the entire series of Priceless (3 volumes), Pig Bride (volumes 1-4; missing 5) and Good Luck (Volumes 1-3&5, missing 4). I hope I enjoy them ^__^

Priceless is by Lee Young-You, author of Moon Boy, so I'm excited to read this since it's one of her earlier works. I hope it's better than Kill Me, Kiss Me, though o=
License: This was licensed by Tokyopop, which is now out of business. You'll probably only find it in secondhand bookstores or sellers.

Pig Bride is a joint between Kook-Hwa Huh and Su-Jin Kim. I read the first volume years ago, and was amused by it because I wasn't into manhwa so much then. Even though I skimmed through the ending, and didn't find it too hot--I hope to come to like this series and appreciate the ending a little more... when I buy it ^^
License: This is currently licensed by Yen Press, so it should be in print for a while.

Good Luck is by E-Jin Kang. I... well I didn't think much when I bought this. I actually saw the ad for it in Priceless, when I was checking for the end of the series. I thought it looked good and to my relief, I found most of the volumes :] I really don't know what to expect for this series, so I hope it's refreshing in some way or another!
License: This was licensed by Tokyopop, which is now out of business. You'll probably only find it in secondhand bookstores or sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment